The L.A.C.E.R Afterschool Programs provide free classes in the arts, athletics, and academics every day after school, to more than 4,000 middle and high school students in Los Angeles. L.A.C.E.R. is creating opportunities, building academic skills, and preparing students for their future.
LACER offers courses in over 50 different subjects - from Engineering to Korean Drumming. Some of the classes include:
- Homework Club
- DJ Mixing
- Cooking Class
- Drill Team
... and more!
Building Academic Skills
- Students who attend LACER five days a week, raise their grades by a full letter grade.
- The LACER graduation rate is 94%.
- 86% of our student's say they attend more school because they have LACER to go to after school.
Preparing Student Futures
- 86% of students say LACER helped them learn to be collaborative
- 73% of students say they have a higher degree of commitment because of LACER classes.
- Students also have the opportunity to participate in Personal Statement Writing Workshops, FAFSA Panels and Career Fairs.